Saturday, October 15, 2005

Ok, I have to tell you..Anyone with a son can relate to me. As you can see, I took colby hunting and off roading with myself and Adam yesterday. Here you can see Colby, helping me shoot at a pumpkin (which you can't see), he is beside himself with excitement. I have lost my hunting cap that I have worn every year now pretty much since I started, oohhh about 16 years ago I think. Long time...Well, now it's Colby's and he loves it! Couldn't get him to take it off when we were in the truck! Adam and I brought the shotguns with us yesterday and decided that we would expose Colby to the noise, see if he'd be ok with it. I GUESS!! He was laughing and having a great time! Adam took a shot at a pumpkin with the 12 guage, Pumpkin everywhere! All over the truck, splattering back at us, and he was having a blast! He was picking up the "picks" as he was calling them, it was all the spent shotgun casings, collect3ed them and put them on the tailgate.
I was teaching him the little things about being in the woods hunting, about being quiet, showed him some deer poop, tracks, showed him my tree stand, of course you can guess what he wanted to do, wanted to climb up into it. He was a little trooper! Sat on my lap the whole way into the woods helping me drive, splashing through the puddles, bouncing around everywhere! While I was bring the truck up the trail and back out, Colby was in the passenger seat just grinning ear to ear!
It was a proud day for me I have to tell you. Finally something that he and I can enjoy together, Can't wait to bring him out this year and shoot the .22 with me.

Here is a picture of my little hunter to be!


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nobody likes us anymore. they arent commenting. Our masculinity must have scared them off :)

7:09 PM  
Blogger Rob, Tina and the boys said...

I kow. They're all just jealous! Or, could be there are no hunters among them...Or they're just anti-social arrogant buggers who think of nothing but big Brother and Survivor...What um..day is it...???hmmm...oooo CSI is on tonight!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Rob, Tina and the boys said...

Maybe you should post more.

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woohoo, a comment.
which one of us has to pay the friendship dues this time?

7:04 PM  
Blogger Rob, Tina and the boys said...

I think it's your turn!

11:37 PM  
Blogger Rob, Tina and the boys said...

Maybe between the both of you you should blog more. There hasn't been a post in over a week!

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home