Saturday, October 08, 2005

So, for those of you who don't know, I recently installed a 2" body lift kit onto my S-10. Did not think it was a big deal, get some Nylon, cut it into blocks, drill the holes, jack the body, put them in, Bob's your uncle! NOT!! Just goes to show, you should ask questions first rather than putting out fires after the job is "DONE"!

Anyway, after finally getting almost everything fixed on the truck, still trying to troubleshoot a knocking noise that appeared after I lifted the body, I finally have the last part on order for the truck. The truck right now looks like it was in an accident due to the front bumper. It's about 2" too low, go figure. Anyway, wish I had know right from the start how much a 2" lift kit cost from the dealer, I was under the understanding that it was about $400.00, turns out that it was about $160.00 + tax. I spent $80.00 on Nylon, $60.00 on bolts, $70.00 on mechanic charge to have shift linkage lengthened....can you figure out which would have been cheaper???

Anyway, NOT going to do that again! Long story short, Truck looks good! If there is anybody looking for a good off road shop, call APJ automotive, the guys there are very good!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So if Rob's truck is lifted 2", does that mean Adam is going for 4"??

C'mon Tina, add a joke here...

9:47 AM  
Blogger Rob, Tina and the boys said...

That's a thought that I have had myself. I don't see Adam putting a lift kit on the Silverado, but I'm sure he's thinking of something. Rob had a little truck, Adam bought a bigger truck, Adam got a Tuno cover, Rob built a cover.. see the pattern? Adam just bought a new gun, so who knows what's next???

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the silverado would look great 6" up with 35" tires on it. but i have trouble parking it downtown already. Once the course is over it might go up.

And size does count.

or is it just compensation...

7:53 PM  
Blogger Rob, Tina and the boys said...

sounds like SOME people have lift kit envy!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Rob, Tina and the boys said...

Why am I not surprised? Though, I can see Adam as the dumbass who tried to drive his truck through the car lane toll on the MacKay bridge and got it stuck. MEN!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home